Our cabins are a cross between a rustic sporting cabin from the “road-side motel era” and a simple vintage boutique get-away.
Outside: Large grassy areas in the back and center of the property, picnic areas with tables and charcoal grills located at or near each cabin. Community Fire pit with log seating (firewood available onsite for small charge). Parking at the back of the property for your snowmobiles, boats, ORV’s or other sports equipment.
Snow Removal: Our grounds-keeper provides snow removal that clears the driveway, parking area and walkway to the cabin entry. Snow removal is triggered after any event causing 4″ or more of accumulation since last removal. There may be occasions where there are a few inches of snow on the driveway and walkway and can get icy. A snow shovel and salt are available in the open garage. Please be careful.
Occupancy: Due to fire codes and cabin size, occupancy limits are strictly enforced, additional guests are not allowed. If more guests are found in your cabin after 11 pm, a $100 charge will be assessed to your credit card, your guest will be required to leave (if a vacant cabin is available the extra guest may be able to reserve, pay and occupy that cabin) and you may be asked to leave with no refund.
Guest Access: Access is by electronic keypad. You will receive a text with the code and directions. We are in and out and always available by preferably text or email or phone. John our grounds keeper is in & out often as well, making sure everything is fine. You may also see our family or our carpenter working on our other cabins or projects.
Inclement weather can occasionally result in power outages.
- Self-check-in with keypad
- Check-in after 4 PM
- Check-out by 11 AM
- Small table and chair/Workspace Area
- Smoke Free
- Original logs on interior walls with bead-board ceilings
- Rural yet closet to US-131 expressway, M-115 and Cadillac
- Lighted site
- Private entrance
- Large yard
- Mini kitchen has small counter area, small sink, microwave, counter high frig/freezer
- Mini Frig
- Vintage Percolator Coffee Maker with Coffe Pods for a pot or two
- 2 – 3 Tea Bags
- Linens provided are Sheets for bed, Comforter and/or Blanket, At least 3 Pillows per full bed; 2 Bath Towels, 2 Hand Towels and 2 Wash clothes
- Small private bathroom with galvanized shower, sink and water closet – lots of hooks for hanging towels and clothes
- Toilet paper, 1 roll of paper towel and 1 box of tissue supplied
- Mini tank water heater – as such, water conservation and short (5 – 7 min) showers are a must.
- Smart TV with Netflix included plus ability to log into your Hulu, Amazon and other accounts. Our Wi-fi can take several seconds to buffer Netflix but otherwise works well
- Gas Wall Heater
- Smoke detector
- Fire Extinguisher
- Wall Mount Oscillating Fan with Remote
- Open year around
- National Forest within a mile of the cabins
- Access to White Pine trail without crossing US 131 or M 115 with snowmobile or ORV access from cabins to trail
- Maps of trails and local activities provided in the guestbook
- Off street parking with room for snowmobiles, ORV’s and boats
- Charcoal Grills
- Community Horse Shoe Pit
- Community Fire Pit
- Firewood available for an additional small charge
- Out of town – In the country but close to everything
UPFRONT AND HONEST
- Old restored windows and doors which can be drafty, especially the floors which results in uneven heat.
- Workers on-site working on other cabins at times
- Located on busy street
- Cabins are small, cozy and a bit crowded
- Water heater is small so short showers are a must
- We are in the country next to corn fields so there may be dust and a cob-web or two, our site people check daily but one strong gust of wind or Charlotte may decide to spin a web . . .
Our family hopes you enjoy our cabins as much as we have enjoyed getting them ready for you!