Our cabins are a cross between a rustic sporting cabin from the road-side motel era and a simple vintage boutique get-away.
Outside: Large grassy areas in the back and center of the property, picnic areas with tables and charcoal grills located at or near each cabin. Community Fire pit with log seating (firewood available onsite for small charge). Parking at the back of the property for your snowmobiles, boats, ORV’s or other sports equipment.
Snow Removal: Our grounds-keeper provides snow removal that clears the driveway, parking area and walkway to the cabin entry. Snow removal is triggered after any event causing 4″ or more of accumulation since last removal. There may be occasions where there are a few inches of snow on the driveway and walkway and can get icy. A snow shovel and salt are available in the open garage. Please be careful.
Occupancy: Due to fire codes and cabin size, occupancy limits are strictly enforced, additional guests are not allowed. If more guests are found in your cabin after 11 pm, a $100 charge will be assessed to your credit card, your guest will be required to leave (if a vacant cabin is available the extra guest may be able to reserve, pay and occupy that cabin) and you may be asked to leave with no refund.
Guest Access: Access is by electronic keypad. You will receive a text with the code and directions. We are in and out and always available by preferably text or email or phone. John our grounds keeper is in & out often as well, making sure everything is going well. You may also see our family or our carpenter working on our other cabins or projects.
The cabins are located in a rural area, as such our WiFi has a tendency to be sporadic and PAINFULLY slow
Inclement weather can occasionally result in power outages.
- Smoke Free
- Original knotty pine on much of the interior, with new added to fill in.
- Rural yet close to US131 expressway & M-115
- Lighted site
- Private entrance
- Large yard
- Self check-in with keypad
- Check-in after 3 PM
- Check-out by 11 AM
- Furnished kitchen has counter counter space for cooking and baking, large stainless steel farmhouse sink, gas range, microwave, dishwasher and retro frig/freezer.
- Snack bar
- Large farmhouse table
- Linens provided are Sheets for each bed, Comforter and/or Blanket, 2 Pillows per side; 8 – 10 Bath Towels, Hand Towels and Wash clothes
- Master Bedroom with large closet including hangers
- Master Bathroom with galvanized shower, sink and water closet
- Second bathroom with tub/shower, double sinks and water closet with lots of hooks for hanging towels and clothes
- Toilet paper, paper towel and a box of tissue supplied in each bathroom
- Smart TV with Netflix included plus ability to log into your Hulu, Amazon and other accounts ** note, we’re in a rural area, as such WiFi can be sporadic and PAINFULLY slow**
- Forced air gas furnace
- Smoke detectors
- Fire Extinguisher
- Open year around
- National Forest within a mile of cabins
- Access to White Pine trail without crossing US 131 or M 115–snowmobile, ATV & ORV access from cabins to trail
- Wall mount fans in bedrooms
- Charcoal Grills
- Community Horseshoe Pit
- Community Fire Pit
- Firewood available for an additional small charge
- Maps of trails and local activities provided in cabins
- Out of town–in the country but close to everything
- Firewood available for additional charge
UPFRONT AND HONEST
- Old restored windows and doors which can be drafty, especially the floors which results in uneven heat.
- We’re in a rural area and the Satellite Internet can be painfully slow for streaming, surfing, emails etc. and will definitely not support gaming
- Workers on-site working on other cabins at times
- Located on busy street
- A couple of north side cabins have long-term residents, please do not disturb them
- Cabins are small, cozy and a bit crowded
- Water heater is small so short showers are a must
- We are in the country next to corn fields so there may be dust and a cob-web or two, our site people check daily but one strong gust of wind or Charlotte may decide to spin a web . . .
Our family hopes you enjoy our cabins as much as we have enjoyed getting them ready for you!